Well, we’ve certainly done some interesting work on our home server since we got it setup. I finally got an ESXi OS installed and we ended up with 2 linux servers, 1 xp machine, and I just setup a temporary Windows 2012 Server.
Here’s all the fun SysAdmin things I’ve gotten working on it:
- Subversion repository – for development purposes.
- OpenVPN server – so we can connect from anywhere to our servers.
- SparkleShare – Open source type of dropbox file sharing server. Unlimited storage 😀 😀
- Web server – hosting just one site for now.
- Internal DNS server.
- Development SQL database.
Things we’re working on now:
- Intranet site.
- Development of an android app.
Looks like we’ve got plenty more to try out and get working. I would like to get some better backup stuff going on for our servers and personal machines. I also need to get a new network share location that will be easy for everyone on our network to access.
Any fun projects you might suggest we try on our infrastructure?